Intellectual Capitol, founded in 2003, is a leader in providing outstanding talent to our clients for enterprise projects. We focus on State and Local Government in the Southeastern United States with active contracts in South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida.
Intellectual Capitol is an award winning, growth oriented organization with a strong culture, deep history and focus on our clients, consultants, team members and the communities in which we serve!
We are blessed to serve a wide variety of clients who have IT talent needs. Our unique partnering approach is a key driver for the continued growth and expansion of our offerings.
You'll join a gifted and motivated team who is creating the future each and every day!
- Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required to:
- understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems with extensive security and compliance requirements,
- gather information necessary to produce accurate and complete documents and artifacts, and
- lead in the creation of document and artifact deliverables supporting efforts and initiatives.
- Participate in design-level discussions to provide recommendations on document and artifact deliverables based upon analysis of administrative, technical, and management aspects of information systems and associated services.
- Work with technical staff and business stakeholders to create deliverables and artifacts that are intended for audiences with various levels of technical knowledge.
- Organize and write supporting documents as needed.
- Select and utilize photographs, drawings, diagrams, charts, and other graphical elements that increase users’ understanding.
- Revise documents as changes or modifications to information systems and services occur.
- Organize and maintain a repository of all documents and artifacts.
- 5+ years of documented Information Technology-related work experience.
- 4+ years of technical writing experience in positions requiring the development of structured written materials and visual aids.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with internal and external vendors, project team members, management, and agency departments and to build relationships and use facilitation skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to write, edit, and prepare presentations of technical information for both technical and business personnel using appropriate and illustrative graphical elements.
- Experience in organizing information in a way that is appropriate for technical explanations without losing sight of the needs and aptitude of the audience.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Have proficiency/understanding of the MS SharePoint application.
- Must possess advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to include working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency.
- Keen attention to detail while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to absorb and retain complex processes.
- Strong English language skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage.
- Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism in a fast turn-around environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, technical writing, or similar discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar discipline.
- Prior experience in writing System Security Plans, Advance Planning Documents, Requests For Proposals, or similar documents.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and the interdependencies of documentation.
- Understanding of LEAN/Agile development style.
- Prior experience with Bizagi.
- Previous public sector work experience.