Quality Assurance Tester
Columbia, SC | Remote Friendly
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Responsible for performing tests on technical solutions to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
- Implement automated Quality Assurance processes for a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Design and support automated user interface testing application.
- Analyze automated Quality Assurance processes to expose security flaws, reveal defects and identify areas of optimization.
- Follow or recommend best practices, processes, and policies which are established internally and by applying industry best practices.
- Ensure projects adhere software testing governance policies, best practices and guidelines and implement improvements.
- Perform reviews, walk-throughs, or inspections of the automated test system and its cohesion to the reporting structure.
- Provides oversight / review of vendor unit / system integrated test plans and test results
- Provide guidance on the preparation and review of test plans
- Preparation, review, visibility, and automation of test reports
- Must be able to communicate and publish status reports of all open issues and gaps found during test phase and articulate the details to the Development teams.
- 3 years’ translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios.
- 3 years’ building test cases and scenarios into test systems process areas
- Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities.
- Direct hands on experience with formal test design techniques
- Experience with test design tools
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience with an automated test framework.
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite to include JIRA.
- Solid testing and validation skills and understanding of simulated data.
- Knowledge of gherkin or similar BDD languages.
- Knowledge of testing in a containerized environment utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
- Prior experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects