Quality Assurance Analyst
Intellectual Capitol, founded in 2003, is a leader in providing outstanding talent to our clients for enterprise projects. We focus on State and Local Government in the Southeastern United States with active contracts in South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida.
Intellectual Capitol is an award winning, growth oriented organization with a strong culture, deep history and focus on our clients, consultants, team members and the communities in which we serve!
We are blessed to serve a wide variety of clients who have IT talent needs. Our unique partnering approach is a key driver for the continued growth and expansion of our offerings.
You'll join a gifted and motivated team who is creating the future each and every day!
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing tests on technical solutions to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
- Develop test plans, QA and/or User Acceptance Testing processes and test cases for product management and software development teams.
- Design and support user interface testing application and regression testing software.
- Test software applications for reliability and stability.
- Implement testing programs to perform quality assurance on technical applications including negative testing and usability.
- Lead projects to perform quality assessments that expose security flaws, reveal defects and identify areas of optimization.
- Design and/or run automated testing scripts with oversight for deployment of tests
- Create quality assurance documentation and reports as required
- Adhere to established software testing governance policies, best practices and guidelines and recommend improvements
- Maintain database with product defects, user reviews, survey information and functional improvements.
- Coordinate with product development teams and software engineers to recommend solutions to maximize performance and efficiency
- Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections and adhere to established governance standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
THE ABILITY TO:
- 5 years translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios.
- 5 years building test cases and scenarios into test systems
- Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities.
- Should be able to communicate and publish status reports of all open issues and gaps found during test phase and articulate the details to the Development teams.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5+ years large enterprise or business systems experience.
- Deep knowledge of operations and business processes
- Proficient in Atlassian tool suite including JIRA and Confluence
- Prior experience working in a standard SDLC (waterfall methodology) & in an AGILE delivery.