Network Security Engineer
Intellectual Capitol, founded in 2003, is a leader in providing outstanding talent to our clients for enterprise projects. We focus on State and Local Government in the Southeastern United States with active contracts in South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida.
Intellectual Capitol is an award winning, growth oriented organization with a strong culture, deep history and focus on our clients, consultants, team members and the communities in which we serve!
We are blessed to serve a wide variety of clients who have IT talent needs. Our unique partnering approach is a key driver for the continued growth and expansion of our offerings.
You'll join a gifted and motivated team who is creating the future each and every day!
This is a HANDS-ON Role
The Network Security Engineer will report to the Office of Information Assurance and operate as an experienced consultant to organizational leadership, business units, business partners and vendors.
Security Program Experience:
Experience with CMS MARS-E or other FISMA Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliant programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience must include well documented success in the performance of security focused processes and procedures supportive of a secure, compliant enterprise architecture.
Experience with development and integration of RMF tasks and artifacts into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
Experience in security as related to multi-tenant, cloud services and vendor interface management would be considered desirable for this position.
HANDS-ON experience with any or all of the following technologies would be considered a desirable for this position:
• Secure Network Design – Layer 2 Security, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Switching and Routing Infrastructure
• Network Monitoring expertise utilizing tools such as Solarwinds, Zabbix, etc.
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions such QRadar, Splunk, etc.
• Vulnerability Assessment tools such as Nessus, ForeScout, etc.
• IBM System 390/zSeries
• Linux and Windows servers
• Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
• Cloud service and vendor integration
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of network security and compliance solutions
2. Provide HANDS-ON support of Systems and Software
3. Participate in audit and assessment of internal agency systems as well as business partner/service provider information systems.
4. Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered during Audit and Assessment activities or other OIA efforts.
5. Participate in third-party audits and/or assessments of agency and business partner systems
6. Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations for security and compliance risk mitigation efforts.
1. BS degree in computer science or similar discipline is a MUST.
2. CCNA Security or equivalent (network security-centric) certification is required
1. ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification.