Intellectual Capitol, founded in 2003, is a leader in providing outstanding talent to our clients for enterprise projects. We focus on State and Local Government in the Southeastern United States with active contracts in South Carolina, North Carolina and Florida.
Intellectual Capitol is an award winning, growth oriented organization with a strong culture, deep history, and focus on our clients, consultants, team members and the communities in which we serve!
We are blessed to serve a wide variety of clients who have IT talent needs. Our unique partnering approach is a key driver for the continued growth and expansion of our offerings.
You'll join a gifted and motivated team who is creating the future each and every day!
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with development of junior business analysts through mentoring.
- Define and document system requirements for issues or new processes as prioritized by the business
- Develop, track and translate business requirements into written technical and functional specifications and manage changes as required
- Serve as liaison for business units and technology teams to ensure technical solutions meet user needs
- Provide consistent, frequent communication and support to business and facilitate communication between the business and IT from initial requirements to final implementation
- Research, analyze, and summarize requirements to make recommendations on behalf of business units
- Research potential technical issues (adhoc query writing)
- Review processes and procedures and document and maintain accordingly
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the agency's processes and, as necessary, make recommendations to improve
- Develop use cases and utilize automated test plans to ensure high quality of product
- Coordinate with business on user testing and validate that requirements are operating as expected
- Drive design and review of use cases, process change requests, and facilitate user acceptance
- Coordinate walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with business that use cases and process documents portray specific business needs
- Evaluate and provide training as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 2+ years’ experience with business analysis in a complex technology environment
- Experience and working knowledge of public sector
- Working knowledge and experience in the areas of business process review, business process improvement and re-engineering concepts and practices
- Possess critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Ability to drive results
- Excellent Personal Communication skills
- Facilitate communication verbally, in writing and through presentations